St. Martins Country Inn
Destination St. Martins is the anchor to the Fundy Trail Parkway, the most important new attraction on Canada’s east coast. The St. Martins Country Inn is a destination in itself within this coastal wonderland.
The Former Vaughan Family Home (circa 1857)
The Inn is just 6.4 km/4 miles from the Parkway’s western gate, with a panoramic hilltop location that overlooks the heart of the Bay of Fundy just minutes from the former Vaughan shipyards which still today is the site of the St. Martins harbour.
Built by David & Rachel Vaughan in 1857 following their honeymoon in the French Riviera, the ‘Vaughan Villa’, or ‘The Castle’ (as it is known locally), the Inn was modelled after the villas seen on the honeymooners’ trip. It is the most elaborate and eclectic house in the Village of St. Martins and retains to this day many of the architectural aspects and fine craftsmanship of its origin. Prior to its restoration as an Inn, the house was converted to an apartment building and the expansive grounds featured tennis courts. Today, the grounds offer a natural spring pond and flowering gardens with many comfortable spots for guests to relax and enjoy the view of the Bay of Fundy.
Everything St. Martins has to offer is either within walking distance or just seconds away by car. Visit www.fundytrailparkway.com and www.destinationstmartins.com for all the important destination details.
About the Area
Locate Our Inn
The Saint John Airport is the nearest airport and is a
30-minute drive along Highway 111 from St. Martins.
The Moncton Romeo LeBlanc International Airport is approximately a 1.5-hour drive from St. Martins.
Ground Transportation/Distance from:
- Saint John, NB – 54.9 km/33.5 miles
- Moncton, NB – 129 km/80 miles
- Sussex, NB – 52 km/32 miles
- Fredericton, NB – 162 km/101 miles
- Halifax, NS – 388 km/241 miles
- Quebec City, QC – 746 km/463 miles
- Montreal, QC – 785 km/488 miles
- Ottawa, ON – 1,161 km/721 miles
- Toronto, ON – 1,329 km/825 miles
- Bangor, Maine, USA – 322 km/200 miles
- Portland, Maine, USA – 531 km/330 miles
- Boston, Mass. USA – 709 km/440 miles
- New York City, USA – 1,033 km/642 miles